Book Fair NEEDS YOU!! We have less than half of our volunteer time slots filled.
Please consider giving a small amount of your time to help our event be a success. Here’s where you can sign up for a shift (or 2)…http://bookfair.prefamilies.com. Our greatest needs are for Books & Breakfast on Friday, Feb 8th and after school on Tuesday, Feb. 12th.
Support PRE PTO on Amazon by using this link
Join us on August 9th from 5:00-6:30 for back to School Night. Meet your teacher and drop off school supplies. Supplies purchased through PTO will be available in your classrooms.
Sign-ups will be available for PTO events and a selection of spirit wear will be available. T-shirts start at $15.
End the evening with a popsicle while you catch up with friends.
Before your kids start saying, “I’m bored” here is a list of free or cheap things to keep everyone entertained this summer.
- The Money Museum at the Federal Reserve-1 Memorial Drive, Kansas City, MO 64198. Admission is free and you leave with a bag of shredded money.
- Shawnee Town 1929-11501 W 57th Street, Shawnee, KS. Allows visitors to experience a typical day in and around the 1920’s farm community of Shawnee, KS.
- The National Museum of Toys/Minuatures-5235 Oak Street, Kansas City, MO 64112. Admission is $5 a person for anyone over five.
- KU Natural History Museum-1345 Jayhawk Blvd., Lawrece, KS 66045. A suggested contribution of $7 for adults and $5 for children
- The Nelson-Atkins Museum of Art-4525 Oak Street, Kansas City, MO 64111. Admission is Free.
- National Agricultural Center and Hall of Fame-630 North 126th Street, Bonner Springs, KS 66102.
- Parker Carousel Museum-320 S Esplanade, Leavenworth, KS 66048.
- Kansas Museum of History-6415 SW 6th Avenue, Topeka, KS 66615. Admission $8 for adults and $6 for kids.
- Dole Institute of Politics-2350 Pete Fish Drive, Lawrence KS 66045.
- Mchaffie Stagecoach Stop-1200 Kansas City Road, Olathe, KS. Admission $3 for adults and $2 for youth.
- Jonson County Museum 8788 Metcalf Ave, Overland Park, KS, 66212 (Located inside the Johnson County Arts & Heritage Center) $5 for adults $3 for children.
- The Arvin Gottlieb Planetarium.
- Visit Ernie Miller Nature Center and see Nature center exhibits and trails. Admission is free.
Parks to Visit
- Erfurt Park in Shawnee KS located on the south side of 71st, east of Clare and west of Gleason Road. Features large climbing “net” , walking trail, tree limbs to climb on and areas to dig.
- Black Hoof Park-9503 Monticello road, Lenexa, KS. Features 3 Playgrounds, sandbox, nature playground including a small creek and paths for walking and biking.
- Antioch Park-6501 Antioch Road, Merriam KS. Features 3 Separate playgrounds, including Dodge Town, Pond and Walking Path.
- Franklin Park-8706 Roe Avenue, Prarie Village, KS. Features nature playground with stream, large sandbox and playground structures.
- Little Mill Creek Park North-79th and Cottonwood, Lenexa, KS. Features a zip line, tall slides, shaded area to watch and paths for bikes or scooters.
- Roe Park-10400 Roe Ave, Overland Park, KS. Features a splash park and nature play ara.
- Sar-Ko-Par Trails Park- Features several play areas, pond, paths for scooters or bikes.
- Overland Park Arboretum and Botanical Gardens-8909 W 197th street Overland Park. Admission is free on Tuesdays $3 for adults and $2 for kids other days.
- Shawnee Mission Park-1,600 acre park with activites for everyone. Located at 79th and Renner road.
- Loose Park located at 51st and Warnall in Kansas City Missouri has playground equipment, a rose garden, tennis courts and a splash pad.
- Shatto Farms. You must request a tour to do this. Admission is $6 a person.
- The Roasterie-You must sign up ahead of time and probably best for older children.
- Harley Davidson Tour-11401 North Congress Ave, Kansas City, MO 64153. Free to the public. Must be 12 to participate.
- Hallmark Visitors Center-2450 Grand Blvd. Kansas City, MO 64108.
- Moon Marble Company-600 East Front Street, Bonner Springs, KS 66102. Free demonstrations. Check the schedule before you go.
- Tour K.C. Strings-5842 Merriam Drive, Merriam, KS 66203 and see how Violins are made. You will need to call the “CVB” Merriam Visitors Bureau at 913-403-8999 to schedule.
- Tour Green Dirt Farm and and Cheese Kitchen. Tours are $8 a person and under 5 are free. You must make an appointment.
Summer Movies & Concert
- B&B Movie Theaters Summer Movies. $3 per person $2 for Backstage members.
- AMC Theaters Movie Camp. Wednesdays at 10 am $4 a person and includes a snack.
- Movies in the Park Shawnee Mission Park. Movies are held four times through the summer and are $1 a person. Check out the website for dates and times. https://www.theatreinthepark.org/movies
- Visit Boulevard Drive In Theater. $10 for Adults kids 11 & under are free.
- Summer Sounds in the Park at Barkley Square (corner of 116th Place and Ash Street, Leawood) Every Wednesday 5-8 pm in June and July
- Throwback Thursdays Summer Concert Series at Park Place. Every Thursday in July 6 p.m.
- Visit one of The City of Lenexa Movies in the Park. Check the website for locations and times.
- Visit Lenexa Outdoor Concert Series at So-Ko park. Concerts begin at 6 p.m.
- Visit Cabelas- 10300 Cabela Drive, Kansas City, KS 66111. In addition to selling items Cabelas features several fish tanks and other wild life displays.
- Kalediscope is free and available for ages 5-12. Check out their website for times.
- Sign up for free bowling with KidsBowlFree.com
- Sign up for free roller skating at kidsSkatefree.com
- Visit Scheels Kansas City-6503 W 135th Street, Overland Park, KS 66223. Take pictures with the various photo ops, ride the carousel for a minimal fee and you can bowl for $1.
- Sonic Happy Hour- All Drinks and Slushes are ½ price from 2-4. It’s a cheap treat for everyone
- Visit DeAnna Rose Farmstead. Free after 2:00 or $2 a person before 2:00. Located at 13800 Switzer, Overland Park Kansas.
- Complete the KC Street car Scavenger hunt found on KC Parent. http://www.kcparent.com/KC-Going-Places/Fall-Winter-2016/Kansas-City-Streetcar-Scavenger-Hunt
- Visit one of the Johnson County Libraries and complete the summer reading program.
- Visit the Kansas City, MO City Hall, which is the third highest building in KC and take pictures of the KC Skyline.
- Kids Gardening Class and Story Time at Park Place. Every Wednesday at 10 a.m. in June and July. Kids 4-10. $8 Supply fee per child.
- Visit Parked! Music, Food and Fireworks at Stump Park on June 29th at 5:30.