If you would like to purchase spirit wear, please fill out the form linked below and return it to school with a check made payable to “PRE PTO”. You may also pay through Venmo, at “PREfamiles PTO”. Please be sure to include your child’s name and teacher if you choose to pay through Venmo. All forms are due October 19th. This will be the only spirit wear order this year.
Prairie Ridge Elementary Spirit Wear 2018
Join us on August 9th from 5:00-6:30 for back to School Night. Meet your teacher and drop off school supplies. Supplies purchased through PTO will be available in your classrooms.
Sign-ups will be available for PTO events and a selection of spirit wear will be available. T-shirts start at $15.
End the evening with a popsicle while you catch up with friends.
Before your kids start saying, “I’m bored” here is a list of free or cheap things to keep everyone entertained this summer.
- The Money Museum at the Federal Reserve-1 Memorial Drive, Kansas City, MO 64198. Admission is free and you leave with a bag of shredded money.
- Shawnee Town 1929-11501 W 57th Street, Shawnee, KS. Allows visitors to experience a typical day in and around the 1920’s farm community of Shawnee, KS.
- The National Museum of Toys/Minuatures-5235 Oak Street, Kansas City, MO 64112. Admission is $5 a person for anyone over five.
- KU Natural History Museum-1345 Jayhawk Blvd., Lawrece, KS 66045. A suggested contribution of $7 for adults and $5 for children
- The Nelson-Atkins Museum of Art-4525 Oak Street, Kansas City, MO 64111. Admission is Free.
- National Agricultural Center and Hall of Fame-630 North 126th Street, Bonner Springs, KS 66102.
- Parker Carousel Museum-320 S Esplanade, Leavenworth, KS 66048.
- Kansas Museum of History-6415 SW 6th Avenue, Topeka, KS 66615. Admission $8 for adults and $6 for kids.
- Dole Institute of Politics-2350 Pete Fish Drive, Lawrence KS 66045.
- Mchaffie Stagecoach Stop-1200 Kansas City Road, Olathe, KS. Admission $3 for adults and $2 for youth.
- Jonson County Museum 8788 Metcalf Ave, Overland Park, KS, 66212 (Located inside the Johnson County Arts & Heritage Center) $5 for adults $3 for children.
- The Arvin Gottlieb Planetarium.
- Visit Ernie Miller Nature Center and see Nature center exhibits and trails. Admission is free.
Parks to Visit
- Erfurt Park in Shawnee KS located on the south side of 71st, east of Clare and west of Gleason Road. Features large climbing “net” , walking trail, tree limbs to climb on and areas to dig.
- Black Hoof Park-9503 Monticello road, Lenexa, KS. Features 3 Playgrounds, sandbox, nature playground including a small creek and paths for walking and biking.
- Antioch Park-6501 Antioch Road, Merriam KS. Features 3 Separate playgrounds, including Dodge Town, Pond and Walking Path.
- Franklin Park-8706 Roe Avenue, Prarie Village, KS. Features nature playground with stream, large sandbox and playground structures.
- Little Mill Creek Park North-79th and Cottonwood, Lenexa, KS. Features a zip line, tall slides, shaded area to watch and paths for bikes or scooters.
- Roe Park-10400 Roe Ave, Overland Park, KS. Features a splash park and nature play ara.
- Sar-Ko-Par Trails Park- Features several play areas, pond, paths for scooters or bikes.
- Overland Park Arboretum and Botanical Gardens-8909 W 197th street Overland Park. Admission is free on Tuesdays $3 for adults and $2 for kids other days.
- Shawnee Mission Park-1,600 acre park with activites for everyone. Located at 79th and Renner road.
- Loose Park located at 51st and Warnall in Kansas City Missouri has playground equipment, a rose garden, tennis courts and a splash pad.
- Shatto Farms. You must request a tour to do this. Admission is $6 a person.
- The Roasterie-You must sign up ahead of time and probably best for older children.
- Harley Davidson Tour-11401 North Congress Ave, Kansas City, MO 64153. Free to the public. Must be 12 to participate.
- Hallmark Visitors Center-2450 Grand Blvd. Kansas City, MO 64108.
- Moon Marble Company-600 East Front Street, Bonner Springs, KS 66102. Free demonstrations. Check the schedule before you go.
- Tour K.C. Strings-5842 Merriam Drive, Merriam, KS 66203 and see how Violins are made. You will need to call the “CVB” Merriam Visitors Bureau at 913-403-8999 to schedule.
- Tour Green Dirt Farm and and Cheese Kitchen. Tours are $8 a person and under 5 are free. You must make an appointment.
Summer Movies & Concert
- B&B Movie Theaters Summer Movies. $3 per person $2 for Backstage members.
- AMC Theaters Movie Camp. Wednesdays at 10 am $4 a person and includes a snack.
- Movies in the Park Shawnee Mission Park. Movies are held four times through the summer and are $1 a person. Check out the website for dates and times. https://www.theatreinthepark.org/movies
- Visit Boulevard Drive In Theater. $10 for Adults kids 11 & under are free.
- Summer Sounds in the Park at Barkley Square (corner of 116th Place and Ash Street, Leawood) Every Wednesday 5-8 pm in June and July
- Throwback Thursdays Summer Concert Series at Park Place. Every Thursday in July 6 p.m.
- Visit one of The City of Lenexa Movies in the Park. Check the website for locations and times.
- Visit Lenexa Outdoor Concert Series at So-Ko park. Concerts begin at 6 p.m.
- Visit Cabelas- 10300 Cabela Drive, Kansas City, KS 66111. In addition to selling items Cabelas features several fish tanks and other wild life displays.
- Kalediscope is free and available for ages 5-12. Check out their website for times.
- Sign up for free bowling with KidsBowlFree.com
- Sign up for free roller skating at kidsSkatefree.com
- Visit Scheels Kansas City-6503 W 135th Street, Overland Park, KS 66223. Take pictures with the various photo ops, ride the carousel for a minimal fee and you can bowl for $1.
- Sonic Happy Hour- All Drinks and Slushes are ½ price from 2-4. It’s a cheap treat for everyone
- Visit DeAnna Rose Farmstead. Free after 2:00 or $2 a person before 2:00. Located at 13800 Switzer, Overland Park Kansas.
- Complete the KC Street car Scavenger hunt found on KC Parent. http://www.kcparent.com/KC-Going-Places/Fall-Winter-2016/Kansas-City-Streetcar-Scavenger-Hunt
- Visit one of the Johnson County Libraries and complete the summer reading program.
- Visit the Kansas City, MO City Hall, which is the third highest building in KC and take pictures of the KC Skyline.
- Kids Gardening Class and Story Time at Park Place. Every Wednesday at 10 a.m. in June and July. Kids 4-10. $8 Supply fee per child.
- Visit Parked! Music, Food and Fireworks at Stump Park on June 29th at 5:30.
Join us April 27th – May 3rd for our final fair of the year. Stock up now for summer reading!