Watch D.O.G.S. (Dads of Great Students) is an innovative program used by schools across America and sponsored at PRE by the PTO. The Watch D.O.G.S. mission is to support principals and teachers by providing willing volunteers while contributing to improved outcomes for students. Schools are positively impacted by the involvement of fathers, grandfathers, step-fathers, uncles, and other father-figures in the lives of their students. Our goal is to have lots of “dogs” spend at least a half day at Prairie Ridge.
Sign up to volunteer here!
- Watch Dog Shifts are Monday, Wednesday and Friday.
- Shift Options:
- Morning Shift 8:30 a.m.-12:00 p.m.
- Afternoon Shift 12:00 p.m.-4:00 p.m.
- Schedule your participation at least one week in advance to give the office staff and teachers time to prepare. If there is a scheduling conflict, we will let you know as soon as possible.
- Two Watch D.O.G.S. maximum at a time (not with the same teacher and preferably different grade levels for the same shift)
- Multiple students at PRE? Feel free to sign up for the morning shift for one student and the afternoon shift for the other student.
- Please do not sign up for both the morning shift and the afternoon shift with the same student.
- You will spend some time in your child’s classroom but you will not be shadowing them for the entire day.
- Please arrive at the Prairie Ridge front office by 8:30 a.m. for the morning shift or 12:00 p.m. for the afternoon shift. If you find you need to cancel, please call the school at 913-667-1800 to let them know.
- Thank you for supporting your child’s school by participating in the Watch D.O.G.S. program!
If you have questions about Watch D.O.G.S., please email email@example.com.
Watch D.O.G.S. Info
Visit the Watch D.O.G.S. website for more information. You may also purchase a shirt to wear during your shift.